About 50% (1.61 Lacs) of the population of Kishangarh Bas Block is from the minority community. The Muslims in this area are called Meos, a worrier sect in the past. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes also form a significant part of the population. Demographic expansion in the last decade or so is putting massive pressure on the inhabitants’ families.
The literacy rate in Mewat is appallingly low, particularly in case of Females. For Muslim women in Mewat, the literacy rate is roughly 1.76% to 2.13%, the lowest in the country, by any measures. The society has been traditionally a male dominated society and women are subjugated in the name of religion, traditions and customs.
Child marriage, dowry, illiteracy and skewed sex ratio are the present day manifestation of this traditional practice of gender oppression. Gender inequality is an established norm in this area. In most of the villages, TV and radio are banned due to religious beliefs.
SVACKSHEE EXPERIMENTAL SCHOOL IS UNIQUE IN MANY ASPECTS: THIS EXPERIMENTAL SCHOOL IS SERVES AS A LIVE EXAMPLE FOR OUR SCALE UP INTERVENTIONS IN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS. KISHANGARH BAS BLOCK HAS MORE THAN 1500 CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL DEPRIVED OF QUALITY EDUCATION!
- We provide freedom of pace of Learning to children.
- To ensure quality education teacher student ratio is kept 1:25
- Absolute child centred learning environment for all children
- Curriculum inculcates and emphasizes on using local knowledge and environment for learning
- Drawing, drama, songs, games and other creative skills are an integral part of the curriculum.
- School has no place for forced discipline and punishment.
- Children including girls feel safe and secure in the school.
- Toilets are provided for boys and girls
- School building is constructed with active community contribution and support.
Annual sponsorship costs Rs. 7000/- per child Sponsor a Child in whole or in part.
Stay Connected. And Thank You!
Individually We Make a Difference, but Collectively We Are the Difference !
SVACKSHEE (स्वाक्षी) Sansthan was registered in March 2010 under the Societies Registration Act 1958 of Rajasthan. The meaning of Svackshee in Hindi is ‘to have own vision and perspective’. Svackshee Sansthan established its first experimental primary school in Bidarka village of Kishangarh Bas Block with around 53 children in July 2010. Currently, we have more than 125 children in the school and expecting 40 more children to join soon . We have also adopted one government primary school under Project Ekta of Alwar district administration. Overall Svackshee caters to more than 325 children in these two schools.
THE DONATION PROCESS
Clicking on “Donate” after choosing or entering an amount opens a “Checkout” page, where you enter your personal information and go through to a Secure Payment Gateway, where you finish by entering your more sensitive Net-Banking, Debit or Credit Card details.